Thursday, August 23, 2007

Game Day

Unfortunately, I must leave my guardpost and visit the outside world, which means I have to cut this riveting analysis short. Pat Burrell is my hero.

------------------------------------------

I don't think Fabio Castro is going to make it as a major league pitcher. But there is always professional poker.

----------------------

Good news: Castro has a one hitter through three. Bad news: It has taken him 53 pitches to get there, 29 of which have been balls.

-------------------------------

Castro walks the bases loaded, but fortunately he walked them for the pitcher. It only took 6 pitches to get Billingsley to strike out. Through two innings, Castro has struck out three, walked three, and given up no hits. Thrown 42 pitches, 22 of which have been balls.

I ask you, Cole Who?

-------------------------------------------------

I would compare Fabio Castro's control to Lindsay Lohan's. They're both a bit wild. He may walk ten batters today.

----------------------------------------

I don't have the sound on, so maybe there was a better explanation, but Sarge's Key to the Game is "By winning series, you get into the postseason"

1. That isn't a key to the game. Winning the series is a goal.

2. I don't know what that sentence means.

I'm hoping the Dodgers are hung over today.

-------------------------------------------------

Will Russell Branyan put a ball into play?

Will Ryan Howard continue his Russell Branyan impersonation?

The long awaited return of Fabio Castro to Philadelphia.

All this and more on today's Game Day Blog of the Phillies-Dodgers matchup.

No comments: