Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I’m back.

Where was I? France. Little known fact- there is no internet access in France.

In an excellent, relief-inducing move by the Phils, Brett Myers has been named the starter for Opening Day 2008. It was almost a sure thing that he would be back in the rotation, but the vote of confidence and picking him to lead the rotation rather than Hamels is a great move.

But all is not well in Clearwater- Brad Lidge, the new closer, is unlikely to be ready to go on opening day unless he gets some of the blood from the cheerleader on Heroes. And the second option is Tom Gordon, a man who is in desperate need of bionic replacement parts for his ravaged arm. And last season's closer has already been named as a starter. But as I always say, I'll take a good starter over a great closer any day.

Also, I had a weird dream last night that the Phillies had A-Rod. Prophetic? I’d say 100% yes.

No comments: